Friday, February 16, 2007

So yesterday was my first time meeting with the whole group, and it was nice putting a face to the names that I saw on blackboard. At first, our group started off slow, but our discussion improved once when we related the readings to current issues in politics like the 2008 presidential race.

There were a couple interesting things that I noticed when we our group was talking about the readings and websites. We tried to understand what people thought during that time period by placing ourselves in their roles in society. Also I like how various perspectives took the discussion in a completely different direction.

I really like one of the topics that class ended on, which was the lecture and PowerPoint example of the hymns and songs that were sung at Abolitionist meetings.

No comments: